Matt Day is a cybersecurity professional with over twenty years of experience in the IT, cybersecurity, and technology training fields. He has a degree in Computer Information Science and CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, CySA+, and Cisco CCNA certifications. The Network+ certification does not have any required prerequisites, meaning that anyone can sit for the Network+ at any time, without having to validate any kind of background. CompTIA, however, recommends that candidates have the A+ certification and at least 9 months of networking based experience.
- CompTIA certification exams are available in over 100 countries around the world and in many different languages.
- It is important to have a deep understanding of the various wireless technologies and standards.
- Moreover, you can connect with others who are preparing for the exam on their own to exchange thoughts, study guides, and similar.
- Our instructors have many years of experience working in the industry and are very passionate about student learning.
- Books are an excellent choice if you like to learn via written text and pictures rather than oral instructions.
- This is because CCNA is a vendor-specific certification that enables technicians to only work with Cisco Systems.
After all, the Network+ is recommended for those who have had at least one year of experience with building and managing IT networks in a SOHO (small https://remotemode.net/ office/home office) environment. If you thought you could skip that recommendation, perhaps it’s time to consider learning the ropes on the job.
CompTIA Security+ Certification
When you are unable to answer specific questions, you can use keywords to help you find a solution. Furthermore, when you complete the main exam, you will be asked to fill out an optional survey that asks about your studies. This is generally 12 questions and has no bearing on the exam results.
- When you are presented with a problem and asked to come up with the best possible solution, it is quite simple to become stuck and waste a significant amount of time on a single issue.
- Along with an adequate timeline, it’s just as important to have the right study materials.
- With that said, the problem with this exam is that it’s an extremely complex test and as a result, preparation is quite difficult.
- One way to avoid this problem is by creating flashcards, study guides, schedules, or goals that help you stay motivated and hold you accountable for studying day-to-day.
The course lasts for six hours and in the end, you don’t need to pass another exam. For a number of reasons, CompTIA retires most of its exams after three-years. Once you pass this exam, you will have three years from the date you passed before renewing it. Network troubleshooting – Solving networking problems through a step-by-step analysis of equipment, wiring, and configurations.
Please log in or register to answer this question.
They are often called upon to repair or replace faulty equipment as well as install new technology. They troubleshoot problems with internet connections, printers, computers, networks, and more. They may also deal with customers and solve their computer issues. We are regularly asked by test takers about how long they should plan their exam to take. Everyone, however, is different, and passing the exam is not about speed. We recommend that you take the exam with confidence and answer the questions at a pace that you feel comfortable with while keeping in mind that the CompTIA Network+ exam contains a maximum of 90 questions. The cost and travel are two obvious disadvantages of this type of learning.
You can ask questions on the real time chat at the bottom of every page on my site. There’s a Contact Us link at the top and the bottom CompTIA Net+ Cert 007 Update Lessons of every page on my site. One nice feature on the exam is you’re able to mark questions and then, come back to those at the later time.
Job Outlook for CompTIA Network+ Professionals
Back then, fewer networks were online, fewer people were online, and fewer hackers were online. Today, with so many assets connected to the internet, the value to hackers has increased exponentially, and therefore so have the attacks. We are no longer in a situation where professionals related to network support have the option of being uninvolved in or unaware of the security of that network.
I am not saying anything new when I say, you will need a diversity of study sources. Consider getting material one based on videos, and the other based on text. If you research forums like Reddit or InfoSecInstitute , you’ll find that 2-3 months is a pretty common time people give themselves to study for a certification like the Network+. You could probably study the Network+ in a month if you were to take a more intense approach. Else, you could also have years of IT experience and maybe study for a month at leisurely rate and pass.
These are key items, and focusing on them can help you interpret what the question is asking correctly. In addition, you will likely be asked to choose the best response to a number of questions. In these cases, It’s possible that more than one response could be correct. You should read all of them to confirm that you are not only selecting a valid response but that you are selecting the best response. The problem of self-study, on the other hand, lies in the lack of accountability. Because you are not graded on anything except your CompTIA Network+ exam score at the end, you may find yourself procrastinating and skipping some material without even realizing it.